Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pathetic

All of me yearns
aches to stay open
to love

By way of need
is always a path
to love

Resenting so much
need disappearing is the path
to love

Tending to give
too much not enough left
to love

Expecting to be betrayed
my back turned
to love

Tears fall in spring
here's to life other than
to love

This turn of the wheel
the fates find us lost
to love

In a tragic film the Great Actress,
Great Goddess settled for less
to love

"I did what I had to do" - she says
there are no mistakes made
to love

Adored is not loved,
young is too shallow
to love

Love and death
Death and love
Love to death
Death to love
and still I ache
to love

My heart broken early
significant damage
to love

Still love with a limp
struggle to keep up
to love

Frequently fall behind love
miss the bus of love
experience love foreclosure
homeless heart
wanders, wonders
and regardless, here - here is
to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment