Thursday, April 7, 2011

Burb Kiss


There in suburbia
space is bigger
so walking between
cars in the expensive
healthy food store
parking lot seems oddly
forced by the tight rows
of spatial efficiency

a man of practiced
unnoticability sits
idling in his nearly
invisible suburban
car looking more
and more nervous
as I pass between
the rows of cars

toward him
a couple of rows
of anticipation
bringing us closer
there will be mere inches
when I pass his car door
with my shopping bags
heading to my trusty
metal steed.

What if I turn on
my heals fling open
his car door
and kiss him
really, really kiss him
and look very deeply
into him holding
his gaze so he sees
that he has been seen

his channel locks
starting to spring open
then suddenly
I am in my own
innocuous gold sedan
catching the green light
out of there
just barely escaping
all that is suburban

No comments:

Post a Comment