Saturday, January 24, 2009

All Boats are Sinking 2008

All Boats Are Sinking


All boats are sinking
everyone is dying
all the time
all bets are off
everyday the sun sets
we’re all going down
all planes are landing
or crashing
gravity and death
always do what they do
drunk at the bar
numb in our cars
a regatta of the broken hearted.
All hearts are sinking
and some days
my heart sinks with them
down and down and down
breathing lower and lower and lower
past the tears
past the tightness in my chest
my gut
my sexual place
my feet
down further
into the deep subterranean place
that awaits
till everything previously known
and believed in has fallen away.

Coming back up
it is never midnight forever,
just for that moment)
I consider
sinking down into a hot bath
steam rising, tension lifting
and relaxed, refreshed
sinking down into your arms
down into you
the lushness of sinking
into the perfect nest of my bed
of sinking into sleep
into dreamtime
into nothingness
into everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment