Saturday, January 24, 2009

Playing Me 8/08

Playing Me

Last night , as I was sleeping, I dreamt - marvelous error!- that I have a bee hive here inside my heart. And the golden bees were making white combs and sweet honey from my old failures. Antonio Muchado


He said:

ummmm baby, you look so......
I mean you just feel so.....
you are so.....
there's so I much I want to talk about.....
so much I want to do with you.....
the way you.....
just saying it makes me feel so......
moves me deep down inside so......
you mean so much to me....
we're going to be ok, we really are....


She said:

Darling -
your technique is flawless
so much precision and passion
you play me
like a Stradavarious
the way you hold me firmly in place
your fingers on my heart strings
teasing out, slamming down,
urging thru engaging,
finding, calling out
playing every emotion
and I deliver
a tone, a breathiness
a resonance
my action
the tension
the vibrational distance
just right
to glorify the way you slide and glide
and punctuate each note
the vibrado sustaining
those heart wrenching dynamics
quiet little meditations
foot stomping door slamming tantrums
rampaging furies
angelic soarings
hearts raised
beyond the sun
to the cosmos
sudden turns of motion moving
from outer orbits
to deep inner chambers
to the labyrinths
of all human experience
from the beginning of time
till the well
anticipated finale and rest.

All this in your words, your poetics.
You con me into opening again and again.

Darling -
these are dangerous incriminating words
words that feed a soul hunger so beautifully
words that queens inhale
as they proudly walk to their beheadding
if they weren't made to her by her king
if the king was a walking deadman
who thanks to her
infidelity is finally enlivened
enflamed again by jealousy
not that it returns anything kind to her now.

All of us who have been deceived
know words like these
can not be sent
without infatuation's captivating spell
hook, line and sinker
we take it
run with it
then fight for our lives -
some of us break the line
but are hooked for life
when you're starving
you take the bait -
thats just how it is.
Possessed by demon, angel or daemon?
A cycle of seasons sheds light.

Regardless -
its fed the hungry lions
of my soul for now
and they rest in that warm sun
that is breaking out in my heart
that hasn't noticed
it has rained every day all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment