Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lonely and Longing for You Angel 2008

Lonely And Longing For You.....Angel


I’m lonely in a peculiar kind of way
for a particular kind of attention
I’m so demanding in my tastes
I ask too much, so much.
And when it comes together just right
it’s so satisfying, so good
and it can happen, does happen
but not all the time, not every time.

Like trying to live and work in a creative state -
is there some alchemical mix
of food and drink, light of day,
fragrance, music in the air
of people milling about and of solitude,
of movement of the bodymind and stillness,
of movement through the moods
that brings the change of dynamics?

I’m longing in a peculiar kind of way
to give a particular kind of attention.
Oh..... the necessity of loving
of having a place to put that energy
ask of me what you will
but don’t ask too much
so much of me every time
but yes, sometimes
I do miss wearing my heart on my sleeve
and I do love the spectacle of carrying the torch.

I’ll run with my torch to you – and light your fire
and we’ll run our torches to you and you and you
and the people of the land in relay will not tire
and the words pronounced upon arrival we’d want to inspire
in that peculiar kind of way
and get a particular kind of attention
as we each one grasp the message of the day
and are moved to make things right upon reception.

And making things right is asking so much.
Too much?
Is there some alchemical mix
of food and drink, light of day,
of fragrance, of music in the air
of words and actions that are true
that gives us the heart and conviction
to get things started and keep it right by me and you
Does the mood of fairness require protection?
So fragile a state this better side of us
What angels can we call upon
to help us hold it day and night
this particular state of creative sight
of heart full of might, that falters not
of fear or insight
and helps us hold dear
the victory of that runner with the light
and not mistake the tower of shattered mirrors
as a sign to kill the messenger
during the dark of night...
and to guide that messenger with words of style
surprise, rhythm and delight?

I want to feed and bless those angels
that wear their hearts on their sleeves
that carry torches, lighting fires of desire
and who speaking truth will inspire
more conviction and compassion
move the bodymind and woo the moods
that brings the change of dynamics
the alchemical mix, the creative sight
that wills strength to live and do what’s right.
.
I’m lonely in a peculiar kind of way
for a particular kind of attention
I’m so demanding in my tastes
I ask too much, so much
but when it comes together just right
it is so satisfying, so good
all seems right in the world
for a few moments and I
find myself somewhere
in the divine intersections
beyond you and I
beyond worry
beyond loneliness and longing
even for you - angel
and it reminds me just how big
the cosmic repertoire really is
that acts upon us
as we spiral through
our times of these times
since the beginning of time
there was no beginning of time
and it does happen, it can happen,
but not all the time, not every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment